All art copyright (c) Mike Kloepfer
"The level of achievement that we have at anything is a reflection of how well we were able to focus on it."
-Steve Vai

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Settling in, updates, and (yet aonther) disaster.

I am finally back in Colorado.
My stuff - including my art supplies - started arriving late last week. The rest should be arriving after the holiday weekend.
I have already begun a new routine of 'daily sketches' and will be working on larger stuff in the next couple days.

Now on to the bad news. My artwork arrived, the boxes undamaged. However, when I opened the shipping container and uncovered the pirate self-portrait, I found to my horror that all the vine charcoal had simply fallen off the paper! This, even after spraying it gratuitously with fixatif! The dark areas that I worked over in charcoal pencil (dompressed charcoal) stayed for the most part, but all the middle values (most of the piece) were laying in little piles along the edges of the container. I will once again have to rework the entire piece.
[Insert deep sigh.]

The good news is, I am ready to begin working on new material. I am very excited about my new adventure, and will post new work as soon as I have it.

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hi
hello
how was your day?
i liked your blog
you are fantastic!!!

really nice blog
fabulous fantastic
bye
take care
see you

Mikey said...

Thanks. I'm glad you liked it.