All art copyright (c) Mike Kloepfer
"The level of achievement that we have at anything is a reflection of how well we were able to focus on it."
-Steve Vai

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

New experimental painting!

I am working on a new experimental painting, inspired by the photographs taken by the Hubble space telescope. It's very exciting, and unlike anything I've done in the past. I am donating the painting to the "99 Pieces of Art on the Wall" charity event at the VSA - Colorado's disabled artists association.
They gave each artist a 10" x 10" panel and told us to do whatever we wanted. So I decided it was a perfect time to try some experiments with glazing that I had been thinking about, and the images from the Hubble Space Telescope were the perfect inspiration. I like to think of it as an image of raw, creative energy. The piece was totally experimental, spontaneous, responding to what was happening on the surface.

Nebula 2010_001
Acrylic on panel, 10x10"

No comments: