All art copyright (c) Mike Kloepfer
"The level of achievement that we have at anything is a reflection of how well we were able to focus on it."
-Steve Vai

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Cupid


Cupid (After A. Wm. Bouguereau)
Derwent Drawing #63 - Venetian Red on Canson 70 lb paper, 8"x10"

This is a piece from 2005. Took about 6 or 8 weeks. It was the first serious piece after I moved to Florida.
When choosing between several ideas to develop into a finished work, I went with my intuition.
It signifies a turning point in my life and in my art. I started really trusting my intuition and listening to that inner voice; usually just a whisper, and yet powerful.

4 comments:

The Hurricane said...

This piece is so so so awesome! HEY.. found you by the way! Linked you up on my site as well..... you can log in to blogger.. then hit, update blog, and then you'll see a link that says "template",.. and then you would have to go into the html portion.... scroll down down down,.. til you see what looks like "li" which stands for link... follow the formula.. and then plug away html addresses/blogs that you like. To have this made a little more sense,.. you could open another tab in your browser, then go to say, my blogger page "mariabolton.blogspot.com", and then, in the menu bar, hit "VIEW", and then "Page Source". Then scroll down down down.. and utlimately.. you'll see some html with link <"li">tabs...
and then... like I said.. follow the formula.. and plug away... youll get the hang of this quite quickly if you haven't already!!!

Im excited for you!
Congrats again on the blog.. and Ill be sending ALLLLLL portrait work your way.... we'll keep in touch!

Take care!!!
Mariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiia ;O)

The Hurricane said...

BY THE WAY! MIKEY... this was so funny... I randomly found Bob Ross the painting show with him... on the tv 2 days ago.. and it was towards the end of the show... it ended,... and I got to hear the SEA WORLD music like you said... too tOOOO funny!!! You were so right! And I thought of you and laughed! LOL. Hope all is well!!! Bug you later!!! Maria :)

The Hurricane said...

Carmen Sandiego!? Where are you, Waldo?!?!

Mikey said...

Yeah, every time I hear that music it cracks me up.