All art copyright (c) Mike Kloepfer
"The level of achievement that we have at anything is a reflection of how well we were able to focus on it."
-Steve Vai

Monday, July 28, 2014

A change in course...

Well, here it is: I have decided to make some changes in direction. After balancing two jobs, commissions, a band, and my own personal studio work, I came to the conclusion that I am spreading myself too thin. I have decided to consolidate my energy. This means letting go of a few endeavors that I like, to enable myself to focus more fully on what I feel is most important. This will reduce or eliminate schedule conflicts, and allow me more time and energy to devote to fewer things – and do them much better. After drawing 12,000 faces in the fast-paced world of retail caricature along with several commissions, I have decided to pause, and turn my focus toward my studio work, and afford myself the time to fully develop the pieces I focus on. I think the results will be worth it. I am bursting at the seams with pieces, series, and ideas. It seems that one lifetime is not enough to do all the art that I am inspired to do... so I will have to do as much as I can, and make it count. I am excited to embark on a new chapter... :)

No comments: