All art copyright (c) Mike Kloepfer
"The level of achievement that we have at anything is a reflection of how well we were able to focus on it."
-Steve Vai

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Virtual Plein Air with DIS Plein Air Club

I have had so much fun the past two weekends with the In - Studio 'Virtual Plein Air' outings.
First, the idea of plein air painting,  while simultaneously wearing slippers and sipping coffee, just thrills me.
Mororboat importantly,  I am able to paint from the comfort of my studio, while simultaneously sharing the conversation, feedback, and camaraderie with my fellow artists.
I find we talk more 'while painting - in the virtual outings. I'm sure it's because when we are out in the field, we are usually close enough to shout, but not to hold an extended conversation.
I have been working traditionally,  while some of the participants are working digitally.
Here are some samples from the first two outings.

No comments: