All art copyright (c) Mike Kloepfer
"The level of achievement that we have at anything is a reflection of how well we were able to focus on it."
-Steve Vai

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

POE

11/30/11:

I'm loving my lunch hour.
Spent my lunch hour today playing with Edgar Allen Poe's face.
Here's the rub: there are only a few images of Poe available. It is apparent that a percentage of them are flip-flopped left-to-right. The problem is, there is no way of telling which ones are correct, and which ones are backwards.
Which is weird, because he had a very unusual head shape, and his two eyebrows went totally different ways.
So the only thing to do is to play with the face until it 'looks right' - or until I laugh so hard that chocolate milk comes out my nose. Either way is good.

No comments: