All art copyright (c) Mike Kloepfer
"The level of achievement that we have at anything is a reflection of how well we were able to focus on it."
-Steve Vai

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Rediscovering and reconnecting with old friends...

I have a lot of projects going on at the moment. Since I have been painting more, I have primarily been using my easel, and my sketchbook for a few other things.
I noticed that my lovely drawing table had become a collecting place for all the miscellaneous items from projects past & present, and various other items.
Before:
The drawing table is getting buried!
Why waste a good drawing table??? I have wall space to display paintings and shelves to prop up drawings and panels...
Since I have been researching drawing, composition and other subjects online, I decided it was time to make room for what the drawing table was intended for: drawing! I have been very excited about the information, skills and knowledge available online, and anxious to get to work. Not only that, I have several projects... and a ton of original drawings and paintings to do!!!
After:
Now THAT'S more like it!!!











Just a few pages of today's efforts:
Left: Dynamic Sketching exercises
Middle: Pages of thumbnail sketches
Right: Character design
and animal sketches.


It feels great to be sitting at the drawing table. It reminds me of the days when I would sit at my dad's drafting table for hours on end, just drawing and drawing; and later, when I would work on my college illustration projects.
While rearranging, I ran across another old friend... A while ago, my sister uncovered my tackle box/art supply box.I opened it up, and lo and behold - some of my pens still work!!!
I had a very fun and productive day.
I anticipate another surge of productivity coming on... :D



No comments: