All art copyright (c) Mike Kloepfer
"The level of achievement that we have at anything is a reflection of how well we were able to focus on it."
-Steve Vai

Saturday, March 29, 2014

More Thumbnails!

Working on a piece for a client.
It really helps to put an idea through its paces. The 1" size makes sure the drawing is too small to get carried away with fussy detail. It's just right - work the idea without too much time and energy investment - just enough to see how it works. Then try a variation, change something, move something, and work it in a variety of ways. The end result is that I can see which ideas work, and which ideas don't. I can also see which parts of the ideas work, and try combining them. 
03/29/14
Caricature 1"' thumbnails
03/29/14
Caricature 1" thumbnails.













I was looking for interviews on YouTube to listen to as I draw, and I stumbled across this photo of an alien skull (or something) on Pinterest...
Which got me to thinking... So, of course, since I was thinking, it was a good time to start thumbnailing...
03/29/14
Skulls - 1" thumbails







No comments: