All art copyright (c) Mike Kloepfer
"The level of achievement that we have at anything is a reflection of how well we were able to focus on it."
-Steve Vai

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

SKULLEY2 in Gouache

I picked up a set of gouache at the art supply store a couple weeks ago, and today I finally had a chance to give it a go. First things first: a study of my pal Skulley2 in black and white to get used to the medium. I mixed a 5-step value scale to begin with:1 being just slightly off-white, and 5 being just slightly off-black. Of course, I was unable to resist getting into more value gradations, but it was good to start with.
This is the first work I have done in gouache since college. I really enjoyed it, and I look forward to exploring the medium and really getting a handle on it.
03/25/14
Skulley2
Gouache on watercolor
paper, 5x7"





No comments: