All art copyright (c) Mike Kloepfer
"The level of achievement that we have at anything is a reflection of how well we were able to focus on it."
-Steve Vai

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Taking the new sketchbook along for the ride.

So my car is in the shop, and I've been taking the bus to work for the last couple days.
I thought it would be a good opportunity to take my new sketchbook out for a spin, so to speak... take it for a ride.
It's pretty amazing how much interesting and draw-worthy stuff you find where you least expect it, if you take the time to look. I was sketching one scene looking underneath the pedestrian walkway, and the more I looked, the more interesting shapes I found. Then the bus came before I was finished. I'm gonna go back and develop it more.
Most of the sketches are very quick, as the scene is changing rapidly. Even sitting at the bus stop, there is usually only a few minutes to create a sketch. 
I'm trying out a bunch of different pens too, including the Pilot Hi-Tec C Black, Blue, and Brown pens, along with Pentel Aquash water brush, Copic gray markers, and Gelly Roll white Gel pen.
Update 090814:
I'm glad that the car is fixed. However, I was happy to make the best of the situation. I did a lot of drawing, and I am considering riding the express bus to work on occasion, just to enjoy the ride, draw, and not worry about traffic.
Plus, it's so darn comfy.

Here are some samples:
The Express bus is big and comfy,
plus it goes right by the
SunCor Energy plant, which is
super-awesome.
One of the connections is at
Fitzsimmons Hospital.
Everywhere you look, there's
something interesting to draw!
Fitzsimmons
Pilot Hi-Tec C Black and
Pentel Aquash water brush pens
Westminster Park & Ride
Pilot Hi-Tec C Blue and
Pentel Aquash water brush pens
SunCor Energy and Highway underpass
Pilot Hi-Tec C Black and
Pentel Aquash water brush pens,
Copic 3 and 5 Gray markers,
Gelly Roll white gel pen


My Mind Is Blown
Pilot Hi-Tec C Black and
Pentel Aquash water brush pens

I liked the FB page photo for
my nephew's band Anatomy of Bad
So I was messing around with my new pens...






No comments: