All art copyright (c) Mike Kloepfer
"The level of achievement that we have at anything is a reflection of how well we were able to focus on it."
-Steve Vai

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Watts Atelier- Gouache Phase I

I am approaching my studies from two angles.
First of all, I am going back to the beginning and working through the Drawing Fundamentals. This will reinforce what I already know, and I am learning a few new things along the way. There are many specific methods that Jeff and his staff teach, and I want to take full advantage of my membership. It is also designed to build the skills that will lead into painting.
At the same time, I am starting with Gouache Phase I, which is basically the introduction to painting. It is a fun medium, and is experiencing a bit of a comeback after many years of being considered passe.
The Watts Atelier teaches a very disciplined approach. I am no stranger to discipline, having studied with Juliette, Tony, and other traditional instructors. I am taking my time, enjoying the structure and the methodical approach, and I am learning a lot.
Gouache Phase I
Van - Black & White
09/24/14
Working on the under-drawing.

No comments: