All art copyright (c) Mike Kloepfer
"The level of achievement that we have at anything is a reflection of how well we were able to focus on it."
-Steve Vai

Friday, May 9, 2008

Park Sketches

These are sketches from the park. Some are live, some from photographs.

05/09/08:
Here is an old one from '06. This one has been laminated for use as a demo, hence the glare:

Pastel on beige paper, 12"x16"
I liked this one at first.
Then I kinda didn't like it.
Now I kinda like it again, but for different reasons; I like looking at it upside down.

See?

I bought the book on Alphonse Mucha's "Documents Decoratifs" His command of the linear element in his images is astounding. I was inspired to return to focusing on simply strengthening my drawing.
To that end, here is an unfinished drawing from yesterday:

I just loved the expression on this baby's face.
As I was drawing, I kept hearing Fat Bastard (from Austin Powers,) "He kinda looks like a baby!"
Conte pencil Sepia#617 and Nupastel Naples yellow on beige paper, 12"x16"

I am always trying new things, and revisiting old processes, trying to improve m process, and to prevent getting 'locked in' to habit:

Conte pencil #1355 and Nupastel Naples Yellow on Beige paper, 12"x16"

No comments: