All art copyright (c) Mike Kloepfer
"The level of achievement that we have at anything is a reflection of how well we were able to focus on it."
-Steve Vai

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Smoke

05/31/08:
As I was driving home this evening, I saw this sight.
Smoke, acrylic, 4"x12"

There was a fire to the left of the highway, and the smoke drifted all the way to the horizon on the right, across long lines of treetops. The smoke cloud got redder as it neared the setting sun, much like pollution-caused sunsets. This contrasted with the grandiose white clouds in the far, far distance.


It struck me as visually interesting. I also thought how interesting it would be to do a landscape that included man's presence. [Like it's a new idea. lol]


I rushed home and sat down at the easel while the scene, and the colors, were still fresh in my mind.


The actual scene was considerably wider, I just got the idea down. If I choose to do this as a finished painting, I would probably make it a long, horizontal panorama.

No comments: