All art copyright (c) Mike Kloepfer
"The level of achievement that we have at anything is a reflection of how well we were able to focus on it."
-Steve Vai

Sunday, October 5, 2014

More Life Drawing at Helikon Gallery & Studios!

It was another great night of Life Drawing at Helikon Gallery & Studios in Denver.
The setup was excellent, as I mentioned in my post from last week.
The model, KW, was awesome. I really enjoyed drawing, talking with the other artist.
On several of the poses, I decided to resist using line, and instead focus on building form through masses of light and dark.
On the detail below, I had some fun with the face, shoulders and hands, in a "less is more," "see how much I can say with less..." I was enjoying myself, and I think I learned a little bit along the way.
Awesome.


Short Poses
Conte 1710B pencil on Newsprint



10 Minute poses
Conte 1710B pencil on Newsprint

20 minute poses
Conte 1710B pencil on Newsprint

Detail of 20 minute pose

Final, 25 minute pose

No comments: