All art copyright (c) Mike Kloepfer
"The level of achievement that we have at anything is a reflection of how well we were able to focus on it."
-Steve Vai

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Watts Atelier_Head Phase I - Basic head lay-ins

This is an interesting approach to drawing the head, unlike what I have been taught in the past.
Between the head lay-ins (Riley-method style) the Asaro heads, and the Abstractions (that really has my interest piqued) I should learn a whole bunch. It's fascinating and fun to learn new things about something I thought I knew a lot about already. ;)
I liked watching Jeff demonstrate what can be done with the Lay-In construction method once it is memorized and mastered. I'm looking forward to getting this under my belt. :)
Basic head construction Lay-Ins; 3/4 view

Basic head construction Lay-Ins;
Front, 3/4, and Profile views/

No comments: